Unique model leverages a workforce of 3,500 IT professionals to help clients throughout North America reduce costs, increase operational efficiencies, and supplement IT teams
St. Charles, Illinois — June 17, 2014 — SmartSource, Inc., a leader in providing IT technical staffing solutions for short- and long-term projects, staff augmentation, and direct hire positions, today announced the company’s 18th year in business providing companies a unique variable workforce that is scalable, reliable, and rapidly deployable in nearly every zip code throughout the United States and Canada.
Today’s professional staffing environment is changing and growing rapidly as more companies seek to use a flexible or temporary staffing model. SmartSource’s unique model allows clients to mitigate employment and regulatory risks associated with hiring contracted employees:
- Misclassification of temporary employees
- Compliance with regulations pertaining to ERISA, HIPAA, and EEOC
- Assurance of appropriate background checks and pre-employment screenings
- Completion of necessary documentation for compliance with business requirements (non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property statements, discrimination and harassment policies, and waiver of benefits)
- Visibility into the types and classifications of workers and work performed
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Management of turnover and poor performance
“For nearly 20 years we have helped companies scale their workforce in order to meet business demands,” said Joe Iovinelli, CEO, SmartSource. “Our proven staffing model allows us to provide trained IT professionals that can start quickly with no ramp up time, which helps reduce costs, and increase operational efficiencies, . Our ability to learn quickly about our client’s culture and business process, coupled with tenured client relationships that average a decade, separates us from much of the competition that simply seeks to make a quick placement and move on.”
SmartSource – Smart Staffing for the Dynamic Workplace
Since its inception, SmartSource has maintained and developed relationships with thousands of the best-qualified professionals in IT consulting, possessing a broad range of skills and experience, from the latest state-of-the art technologies to older legacy systems.
Few companies can maintain adequate internal staff resources to handle all the day-to-day challenges, special situations, or projects associated with corporate IT. SmartSource serves these needs with capabilities that go beyond direct hiring to include providing qualified talent to handle application development, telecom, project management, data warehousing and asset disposal. Specifically, SmartSource offers:
- staff augmentation – helps customers better utilize internal staff with the use of a temporary workforce for complex projects or special non-recurring needs, which leads to satisfied users, increased productivity, and lower costs
- contract-to-hire – for companies wanting to time to evaluate a potential candidate’s qualifications and organizational fit, this model allows clients to test candidate’s skill sets, work habits and professionalism before offering a full-time position
- workforce management (WFM) – companies that face challenges meeting their administration needs can outsource their HR-related tasks to SmartSource. Tasks and processes include payroll, benefits and HR administration, employee self-services, time and attendance tracking, career and succession planning and talent acquisition, talent management and applicant tracking, performance management, and forecasting and scheduling
- project management – a group of experience project coordinators and recruitment professionals can plan, coordinate, and deliver a nationwide rollout of behalf of SmartSource partners through the company’s National Implementation Team (NIT), which provides a single point of contact to ensure projects are on time and on budget
Each year, the company provides employment – part- and full-time, temporary or permanent basis – to thousands of consultants throughout North America. Its proprietary database of over 500,000 resumes of IT consultants allows SmartSource to assemble quickly a team of qualified IT consultant prospects in a matter of minutes.
“Insight has partnered with SmartSource for over 14 years”, said Jen Fernandez, VP of Human Resources for Insight Enterprises. “Over that time, our contingent staffing needs have significantly changed as our services business continues to grow. SmartSource has remained a consistent performer in our partner ecosystem because of their commitment to tailor their support model to best serve our unique just-in-time sourcing needs. We have been pleased with the level of performance, collaboration, and partnership that the SmartSource team brings with each new year.”
Achievements and Successes
In 2013, SmartSource employed just over 3,500 IT professionals who offered a wide varied of skills to over 100 clients and through its partners completed nearly 85,000 service calls – representing double digit growth compared to 2012. In 2011, SmartSource was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the America.
To date, SmartSource’s team of IT consultants has installed equipment or completed IT projects ranging from Window XP migrations to application development projects, and currently services in 98 percent of the zip codes throughout the United States, while doubling its coverage area in Canada to include most providence.
The strength and seniority of its resource pool allows SmartSource to maintain a strong track record of rapidly finding candidates for hard-to-fill positions – jobs that require unique skill sets or reside in tough locations. SmartSource often fills orders in just 30 days for jobs that have been open for 12 months or more. Access to qualified candidates and industry connections has allowed SmartSource to maintain steady growth in its full-time, direct hire placements, which accounts for about 15 percent of the company’s overall business.
Iovinelli notes, “We are grateful to our clients, employees and partners that have allowed us to achieve success for so long. We expect our long business tenure, which is quite notable in the IT staffing sector, to continue for many more years.”
Since 1996, SmartSource, based in St. Charles, Illinois, has been a leader in providing IT technical staffing solutions for short- and long-term projects, staff augmentation, and direct hire positions to clients throughout the North America. The company primarily partners with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), systems integrators, hardware value added resellers (VARs), computer service companies, and independent IT firms. Many of the company’s partners rely heavily on SmartSource’s variable workforce model for satisfying their IT talent needs.
SmartSource has ongoing relationships nationally with thousands of the best-qualified individuals in consulting, possessing a broad range of skills and experience, from older legacy systems to the latest state-of-art technologies. Consultants are established professionals with well-developed business and technical skills. Companies ranging in size from mid-market to Fortune 500, with dedicated IT departments of only a few individuals to upwards of 300 IT professionals have turned to SmartSource for on-demand IT staffing support. For more information, visit http://www.smartsource-inc.com/.